State-of-the-art technologies in the field; computer architectures, telecommunication networks, software design and application; issues in information management and technology use.
Professor of Record
This course is open to all undergraduate students at Syracuse University. No prior information technology knowledge is required.
After taking this course, students will be able to:
- Recall key terms and definitions related to common information technologies.
- Describe at a basic or intermediate level the workings of the Internet, databases, Internet security, and productivity applications.
- Evaluate consumer and business focused information technology products and services.
- Analyze and/or criticize the impact of information technology on contemporary life.
- Demonstrate information ethics with respect to issues such as intellectual property, cyber-crime, privacy, or related issues.
- Explain how various forms of information technology will intersect with their career, industry of interest, and personal lives.
Other iSchool Courses
- IDS 301 - What's the Big Idea?: Technology Innovation
- IDS 302 - Idea2Startup
- IDS360 - Entrepreneurial Immersion Experience
- IDS 403 - iLaunchPad
- IST 101 - First Year Forum
- IST 195 - Information Technologies
- IST 233 - Intro to Computer Networking
- IST 256 - Appl.Prog.For Information Syst
- IST 263 - Intro to Front-End Web Dev
- IST 300 - Digital Platforms
- IST 300 - The Power of Information
- IST303 - Global Financial Systems Architecture
- IST 305 - Globalization: Collaboration, Culture, Systems & Data
- IST 322 - Digital Strategy & Analytics for the Web
- IST 323 - Intro to Information Security
- IST325 - Information Management Consultation
- IST 335 - Intro/Info Based Organizations
- IST 336 - Leading Issues in Info Security
- IST 337 - IM&T Support Practicum
- IST 341 - Human-Centered Design
- IST 342 - Information Security Policy
- IST 343 - Data in Society
- IST 344 - Info Reporting & Presentation
- IST 345 - Managing Info Systems Projects
- IST 346 - Info Tech Mgmt & Administration
- IST349 - Human-Computer Interaction
- IST 352 - Info Analysis of Org. Systems
- IST 359 - Intro to Data Base Mgmt Systs
- IST 363 - Advanced Front End Web Design
- IST 382 - Cultural Competence for Information Professionals
- IST 387 - Intro to Applied Data Science
- IST 426 - Information Justice and Community Engagement
- IST 400 - Blockchain Management
- IST 402 - Digital Forensics
- IST 407 - Advanced Data Analytics
- IST 414 - Data Driven Inquiry
- IST 419 - Economics for Info Mgmt
- IST 421 - Information Visualization
- IST 425 - Enterprise Risk Management
- IST 429 - Technology & the Future of Work
- IST431 - Security in Networked Environments
- IST 442 - Agile Project Management
- IST443 - Critique of the Information Age
- IST447 - Complex Issues in IT Project Management
- IST448 - Enterprise Wireless Networks
- IST 452 - Advanced Computer Networking
- IST453 - Telecommunications Regulations
- IST456 - Information Policies and Decision Making
- IST462 - Scripting for Data Analysis
- IST 466 - Prof Issues/Info Mgmt & Tech
- IST469 - Advanced Database Management Systems
- IST471 - Internship in Info Mgmt & Tech
- IST472 - Coop Educ in Info Mgmt & Tech
- IST475 - Full Stack Web Development
- IST476 - Applied Information Security
- IST 477 - Research in Innovation, Society, and Technology
- IST 486 - Social Media in the Organiz.
- IST 523 - Graphic Design for the Web