When new content is added to Kaltura, download functionality is disabled by default. Once you enable the download feature, all users with access to the video will be able to download it.
- Note - in order to share the video link, you must first set the publishing status. Follow these directions, How to Share a Kaltura video.
To enable download:
- Sign in - video.syr.edu
- Access My Media.
- Click on the video you wish to work on. Click the edit icon on the right.
- Click on the Downloads tab.
- Check Source File and one or more Available Formats. HD/1080P Recommended.
- Click Save. A notification displays telling the user that the information was saved successfully.
- Click Go To Media, copy link, send the link to the user.
To download a media entry:
If you are not the media owner, but the media owner enabled downloading of this entry, you may download the media to your computer for future use.
- Navigate to the link of the desired media entry.
- Click the Download tab.
- Under Actions, click Download (circled in red). The media is downloaded to your computer.