PDF Version: Email to Print Guide.pdf
When to use email to print?
- Email to Print is mainly used when printing from personal devices.
How do I know if my device is compatible?
- Any Device that is able to access printing.syr.edu and send an email from your SU email to email@example.com is compatible.
Why use email to print?
- Save Time
- Upload the document beforehand and release the document from your cell phone or laptop when you are near the printer.
- Can’t Locate the Printer
- Sometimes the printer you want isn’t listed if this is the case, use the email to print guide, and please report this issue to firstname.lastname@example.org
What file types are supported?
- Microsoft Office (.docx, .xlsx, .pptx) .PDF files and Image Files
- We recommend all documents be submitted as .PDF files
- Email to Print Guide
- Send an email from your SU email to email@example.com with the document attached
- You will receive a confirmation email when your document is successfully uploaded
- Go to printing.syr.edu from any internet browser
- Log in using your NetID and password
- Click Jobs Pending Release on the left-hand side
- Click print
- Next, select the printer by clicking the printer name. The job is released as soon as you select the printer by clicking the printer name. Printers are listed in alphabetical order.