The iSchool's Technology Services team maintains user groups which can be helpful when sharing content from OneDrive or Teams. The groups are defined in the table below.
|SU-IST-Users-Staff||All IST Staff|
|SU-IST-Users-Faculty-FT||"Full-time" IST Faculty (Teaching, Assistant, Associate and Full professors)|
|SU-IST-Users-Faculty-ALL||All IST Faculty (FT + Adjuncts)|
Here are the steps required to share a folder or file with a user group:
- To share One Drive files or folders, we recommend doing this via the browser. Navigate to portal.office.com
- Login with your Syracuse University credentials.
- Once logged in, select OneDrive from the list of Microsoft items at the top of the page. You will be brought to your My Files library.
- Find the file you want to share with another user. Hover over or select the file and you will see three vertical ellipses appear. Click on them and select Manage Access. A side window on the right will appear.
- Click on the plus icon next to the Direct Access header
- Type the Group name from the table above for the group you want to share the file or folder with --along with the permissions you wish to give them, either 'Can View' or 'Can Edit'. Lastly, click Send.