There are a number of Fulbright Grants available for students and faculty, depending on their interests and qualifications. Please see below for more information about the different programs offered. 


The Fulbright U.S. Student Program, Institute of International Education (IIE)

These grants offer fellowships for U.S. graduating seniors, graduate students, young professionals and artists to study abroad for one academic year. The Program also includes the English Teaching Assistant component. Funding is available  in all fields including the arts, sciences, professional fields, as well as social sciences and humanities. These Fulbrights are available for most of the nations of the world; the specifics for each country are described in a booklet available in the Graduate School, the Honors’ Program and the Moynihan Institute, 346 Eggers; this booklet is also available online.  Professor Susan S. Wadley (327 Eggers Hall; serves as the Campus Fulbright Advisor. The completed application must be submitted on-line and in printed form by the campus deadline, which is usually falls in September, after which there is a campus interview by members of the Fulbright Committee. You must submit your application and all supporting materials (transcripts, letters of reference, portfolios if necessary) in one manila envelope by the deadline. Have your letters of reference put into a sealed envelope, signed across the flap by the referee. We will not accept individually mailed letters and transcripts. These materials are to be taken to the Moynihan Institute, Eggers Hall. For more information about the application procedure, please contact Professor Wadley.

Fulbright-Hayes for Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad, Department of Education

This program provides grants to colleges and universities to fund individual doctoral students who conduct research in other countries, in modern foreign languages and area studies for periods of six to 12 months. Fulbright-Hayes are more limited in scope and are awarded to students pursuing doctoral research on the country of study. Language qualifications are mandatory. These applications require a budget and Human Subjects clearance from the University's Institutional Review Board. 


Council for the International Exchange of Scholars (CIES)

CIES offers a number of  programs which give faculty, administrators and professionals grants to lecture, conduct research in a wide variety of academic and professional fields, or to participate in seminars.

Fulbright-Hays Faculty Research Abroad Fellowship Program

These grants are awarded for faculty research on the country for which the award is given. Language ability is mandatory. Awards are limited in terms of the countries for which they are available. Some significant expertise in the social science or humanities of that country is also expected. Applications must be submitted as a packet for the university through Sponsored Programs

  • No labels