OpenVPN Connect is an add-on program to allow VPN support on University owned managed (Jamf) macOS computers.
The article below outlines installation and set up instructions.
Install OpenVPN Connect:
- Launch Self Service and log in as needed
Under the section "SU Management" find "Mac Device Tunnel" and choose to install
- When the installer has finished, an OpenVPN icon will be added to your menu bar (located at the top of the screen):
- Click on the OpenVPN icon and choose "Connect":
- The icon changes appearance when it is connected:
- Manually connecting to VPN should only be required after installation the first time.
- VPN should reconnect after a restart or log out and log in.
- Connectivity should be similar to your on campus connectivity, whereas, you should be able to connect to on campus services without interruption.
- As always, your internet speed at your current location will depend on the quality of the connection.
OpenVPN will not connect while on you are connected to a campus network. (e.g. AirOrangeX, SUAD, EduRoam)