Lossless Cut is a free program that trims videos with no loss of quality (it does not reencode them).
Example Lossless use cases
- Cut unwanted intro or outro sections from a Zoom or Kaltura video.
- Remove audio tracks from a file
- Extract music track from a video and cut it to your needs
- Add music to a video (or replace existing audio track)
- Combine audio and video tracks from separate recordings
- Include an external subtitle into a video
- Quickly change a H264/H265 MKV video to MOV or MP4
- Quickly cut a file by its MP4/MKV chapters
- Quickly cut a YouTube video by its chapters (or music times from a comment)
- Attach cover art to videos
- Change author, title, GPS position, recording time of a video
- Fix rotation of a video that has the wrong orientation flag set
- Great for rotating phone videos that come out the wrong way without actually re-encoding the video.
- Loop a video / audio clip X times quickly without re-encoding
- Convert a video or parts of it into X image files (not lossless)