What is the Content Collection?
Blackboard's Content Collection is a file repository that allows faculty and students to store, manage, and share content. The Content Collection functions as a virtual hard drive that can be accessed from any computer by logging into a user's Blackboard account. When a file resides in the Content Collection, it can be easily reused and linked to from any Blackboard course, and if a file that resides in the Content Collection needs updating, faculty need to update it only once, eliminating the need to go into each course to upload an updated version of the file.
Navigating the Content Collection
From the Content Collection tab, there are five points of entry that faculty have access to:
- My Content—allows storage and management of personal or non course-specific files. Shared files and folders will not display under the My Content area.
- Course Content— used to store folders and files for each course. Opening the Course Content area will display a folder for each course and allow you to see its content.
- Institution Content— used to store files for educational and administrative units. This area can have files that the department or college has set up for several faculty to have access to.
- Library Content—the university library may post eReserves, other electronic resources, or other library-related content. Content can be made available either through the Library Content folder or through eReserves. Only library personnel may post materials on eReserves, but faculty can add eReserves content to their Blackboard courses and students will have Read permissions to the files.
- Bookmarks—links to a file or folder in the Content Collection. Bookmarks are convenient for opening folders that are accessed frequently or for remembering the location of an important, but seldom used or hard-to-find folder.
Note: In addition to accessing the Content Collection via the navigation tab, the Content Collection can also be accessed through the Control Panel in individual courses.
Sources and Relevant Links
Content Collection - Instructors