Configure Apple Mail
- Start Apple Mail.
- If you have no accounts set up with Apple Mail, skip to step 5.
- Go to Apple Mail's Preferences. Click the Accounts tab at the top.
- To add a new account click the small + button under Accounts.
- It will prompt you to choose a mail account to add. Select Exchange and hit continue.
Older Versions of Apple Mail
Note that some older versions of Apple Mail may be looking for just your NetID without the "@syr.edu". If the full email address is not configuration, first confirm the password is working using the confirm option found at netid.syr.edu. If successful, try entering just the NetID during this step.
- In the User Name box, type your NetID plus @syr.edu (for example, email@example.com). This is your e-mail address.
- In the Password box, type your NetID password. (If it is already entered, you do not need to enter it again.)
Set the Server Address to exchange.syr.edu
- Upon entering a correct email address and the correct server, this should be your next screen.
- Hit done and wait a bit for the email to be loaded into Apple Mail.