Table of Contents
Web Accessibility Policy
Web Accessibility Resources
- webAIM.org is a leader in providing excellent resources for learning about HTML accessibility. (Webaim)
Web Accessibility Learning Opportunities
- W3C Introduction to Web Accessibility (EdX Course)
- Common Accessibility Issues and How to Address Them: Video Series
Mobile Accessibility Guidelines and Testing
- Mobile Accessibility at W3C
- Mobile Accessibility Tests (Henry Swan's blog)
- Google Accessibility Scanner
- This tool suggests accessibility improvements for Android apps.
Screen reader testing on mobile devices
Web Accessibility Checkers
How to Check for the Top 10 Accessibility Problems
- Step by step instructions for evaluating the most important accessibility checkpoints using the WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation tool
- WebAIM - Quick Reference: Testing Web Content for Accessibility
- Sample University - a site specifically designed to illustrate common accessibility problems
- Tests against WCAG 2.1 standards.
- Use the checker online or install the Chrome Extension.
- See WAVE Help and WAVE Documentation at WebAIM
- Free bookmarklet that tests against WCAG 2.1 and Section 508 standards
- Tests focusable elements, graphics, links/buttons, tables, headings, form fields, color contrast