You can use a Q&A pod to answer questions posed by attendees. When a presenter answers a question, the question and answer appear as pairs in the Q&A pod.
Here are some examples in which the Q&A pod is helpful:
During a large meeting, questions are added to a queue on the Q&A pod while the speaker presents. After completing the presentation, the speaker reviews the messages, applies a filter, and begins answering the questions.
A meeting moderator answers logistical questions but forwards technical inquiries to an engineer, who is presenting.
A meeting moderator returns certain replies to the sender only. Replies that are relevant to all attendees are sent to everyone in the meeting.
Add a Q&A Pod
- Within your Adobe Connect meeting, click on Pods
- Select the Q&A pod
View the Q&A Pod as Participants Do
By default, hosts and presenters see the Q&A pod with additional controls, but you can quickly see questions with answers as participants do.
In the upper right corner of the Q&A pod, click either of the following:
- Presenter View - displays additional filtering and assignment controls visible only to hosts and presenters.
- Participant View - displays the simple list of questions and answers that participants see and the ones received from individuals.
Submit a Question in the Q&A Pod
- In the Participant View of the Q&A pod, type your question in the text box at the bottom.
- Click Return
Answer Questions Using the Q&A Pod
- Select an incoming question from the list.
- Type your answer in the text box at the bottom of the pod.
- Click one of the following buttons in the lower-right corner of the Q&A pod:
- Send to all - Sends the answer to all meeting attendees.
- Send privately - Sends the answer only to the attendee who sent the question.
Hide Attendee Names for Questions
By default, attendee names appear next to submitted questions, but hosts and presenters can hide those names in Participant View.
- Click on Meeting.
- Select Preferences.
- In the list at left, select Q&A pod.
- Deselect Show Submitter Name or Show Presenter Name.
Export Q&A Contents to a Text File or Email
- In the upper-right corner of the Q&A pod, click the menu icon.
- Choose Export Q&A Logs, and then select either Save As RTF or E-mail Q&A.