Welcome to the home page of the Syracuse University Mobile Application.
About the App
Syracuse University Mobile is an entirely new and free mobile application for Syracuse University that puts SU in the palm of your hand. The app provides a wealth of current information about SU, including secure access to student information in MySlice.
This first version enables students to view their class schedules and grades, and search for classes. The app delivers the latest University news and events, access to SU’s online directory to search for students, faculty, and staff, campus maps, interactive SU social media, and more.
Downloading the App
The current version of the application includes the following features
MySlice Student Services Modules
Grades for all semesters during which the student took courses
Entries include links to all class details
Class Schedule (current term only)
- Current and next term (when available)
- Search using many criteria including subject area, subject code, course number, course career, class number, course keyword, mode of instruction (in person, online, etc.), session, days and times
- Class details available for each result: Start/End dates, days, class location and times and all dates and deadlines (Financial Drop, Academic drop, Class add, withdrawal)
SU News feed
Campus Maps (Google)
SU Events Calendar
- Users can view and share items from these modules from within the app
- Aggregates the main SU Twitter and Facebook accounts
- SU YouTube channel available in Video module
- Photos module uses SU Instagram feed
The next version of the app should be available before the end of the fall, 2015 semester. It will include student access to their exam schedules, and three MySlice Faculty Services Modules: My Schedule, Class Roster, and Grade Roster.
Spring or summer 2016 could see updates to include:
- Food points - add money to your SUpercard
- SU Food Services menus and locations
- Transit information and schedules
- Photo ID - students can snap a picture and upload as a service
- Orange Alert - emergency alert functionality
- Library links to search and access library resources
Want More Features?
The ITS development team is looking to get suggestions for enhancements and new functionality. Everyone is also encouraged to send ideas and comments from within the Feedback tab of the application or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.