- Department policies and procedures
- College and University Policies
- Letterhead and logos
- Building Access Policy & Building Keys
Department policies and procedures
- Department bylaws, governance - includes grad procedures, P&T, peer review, chair search, planning committee.
- Procedures and form for unpaid student interns
- Department meal costs (colloquium, pizza for grading)
- Postdoc, other research employees vacation pay (24 Sept 2016 reminder)
- Account Code / Chart String Reference Guide
- For faculty search procedures, see Employment and faculty search processes.
College and University Policies
- College of Arts and Sciences --- policy and forms
- For SU Academic administrative policies, the provost's site is a good place to start. There is information at various levels, including the Faculty Manual (tenure, etc.).
- Purchasing and Travel
- FERPA: What instructors need to know about confidentiality of student information
For University Retention Schedule information, visit the SU Library-University Records Management page
Physics department letterhead and official logos ("lockups")
Updated by Heather Ketcham, September 2016. Sent by Sarah Scalese April 1, 2015.
- Letterhead: PhysicsLetterheadSeptember2016.docx
- Envelope: PhysicsNumber10envelopeApril2015.docx
- For light backgrounds: PhysicsLogoLightBackground.jpg
- For dark backgrounds: PhysicsLogoDarkBackground.png
Physics Building Access Policy & Building Keys
Building Access: Physics Bldg. Hours: M-TH 6 am - 10 pm, Friday 6 am - 6 pm, closed Sat. and Sun.
People who can be authorized by the department staff are:
- Faculty & staff: All department employees and all emeritus faculty - 24 hour access
- Research Graduate students: All with office assignments in the building and research faculty advisors - 24 hour access*
- TAs and Undergraduate students: Access with normal building access as noted in this policy.
- Student employees with explicit approval from supervisor
- Declared physics majors upon request only (permits access to undergraduate lounge and to some teaching laboratories)
- Individuals with written authorization from the department chair. Will include an expiration date.
*unless revoked with written request by supervisor, operations specialist, department chair or associate chair.
Office/Lab Keys: Request Form