Overview of Standard Classroom Setup
- At the front of the room, you will see the two HDTVs and the Teaching Workstation.
- At the back of the room, you will see Camera 2. This Camera allows for supervision of the computer lab screens.
- The teaching workstation consists of multiple parts which allow you to control the classroom. The teaching workstation sits on wheels allowing it to be mobile.
In the picture above, you will see the following:
- Extron Control Panel: Allows you to control the monitors, inputs, lights, and cameras
- External Inputs: Allows you to connect a laptop or other device using VGA, HDMI, or Ethernet
- Wireless Mouse: Allows you to control presentations wirelessly
- Wacom Touch Screen: Contains a stylus that allows you to easily annotate presentations and other materials
Extron System Settings
Note: When "System Off" is selected the classroom takes approximately two minutes to shut down everything and then reboot for operation.
Main Display Controls
- Power - Main power controls for the TV displays at the front of the room.
- Main Display Settings - The options here are PC Monitor 1, PC Monitor 2(or extended display), and HDMI. Touch any of these while highlighting your desired display above (Left/Right) to change.
- To ALL - By touching this option, the display/volume settings currently selected will be pushed TO ALL other display settings on this Extron system.
If video is not outputting and you have consulted the above options, make sure video mute is NOT highlighted.
- Main Volume Settings - Up and Down arrows will raise volume for the speakers throughout the classroom.
If audio is not outputting, make sure mute is NOT highlighted.
Teaching Station Controls
- System Utilities - Select this option to open up the following display.
- Left/Right Teaching Station Monitor - Similar to the above display options, these will change the output of the monitors on the teaching station relative to the highlighted option.