Digital and Gender Identity
The Pronoun, Gender, and Preferred Name Advisory Council (PGPNAC) is critical to fulfilling Long-Term Recommendation #32 from the March 11, 2016 Chancellor’s Workgroup on Diversity Inclusion Final Report. The Final Report affirms that the University "Expand (its) Preferred Name/MySlice process for choice of gender pronouns, email display names, ID cards, and issues related to Blackboard and other relevant platforms." Formally known as the Preferred Name, Pronoun, and Gender Advisory Council (PNPGAC), PGPNAC was intentionally designed to include a wide-ranging cross-section of the University community.
This space will be used to share updates on Council activities, as well as other resources for those seeking to enhance their digital identity on campus.
We are continually seeking feedback on ways to improve services, and encourage you to reach out to us at PGPNAC@syr.edu.
- Education and Training
- Infographics and Handouts
- PGPNAC Membership
- PGPNAC Status Reports
- Student Engagement Reports
- For directions on adding/editing a preferred name, please see MySlice Personal Profile Tile and Pages.
- Additional information can be found on the Preferred Name Type Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
- For information on adding/editing pronouns, please see MySlice Personal Profile Tile and Pages.
- Additional information can be found on Pronouns Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
System Questions or Recommendations
To request a change to the way University systems use pronouns, preferred name, or prefix, please use the following form:
For information on services and resources available to trans and gender-noncomforming groups on campus, please visit The LGBT Resource Center's webpage.