Google Meet at Syracuse University
What is Google Meet
Google Meet is a video conferencing app.
What to Know About Google Meet at Syracuse University
Google Meet is available on Windows, Mac, Android and iOS.
- Google Meet has support for up to 250 video participants.
- Google Meet provides end-to-end 256-bit encryption.
- Google Meet is integrated with G Suite and Google Calendar information is available directly within the meeting so you can quickly catch up on the agenda and meeting details.
Creating a Meeting on Google Meet
- Navigate to meet.google.com using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and select sign in in the upper right hand corner.
- When you sign into Google, use your NetID@g.syr.edu
- This will then prompt you to log in again with your NetID credentials on the Syracuse University log in page.
- Once you are logged in you will see that you are now able to Start A New Meeting.
- Depending on your type of browser, this next step may look slightly different. Your browser may prompt you to allow access to your microphone and your camera (if the computer you are using has one).
- If you were successful, your microphone with be live. Additionally, if you have a camera turned on, you will see video. You are now ready to start the meeting by clicking the Start Meeting button.
On screen, you will be provided with a VoIP call-in number and passcode, as well as a link for this meeting. Those are the piece of information you can give to the client so that they may join your session.These numbers, codes, and web addresses are one time use only. They will be populated with new contact information each time you create a meeting.