Submit the appropriate form before your advising appointment. 

Downloadable Academic Forms and Procedures [Word]

All forms requiring advisor signature or approval for processing must be received before 4:00 p.m by our office on the deadline for the specific form. Please consult the Academic Calendar for the appropriate deadlines.

Academic Forms and Procedures 


Students may not add classes after the Add Deadline. For extenuating circumstances, see your academic advisor to determine if you may be eligible to submit a Request to Late Add a Course. Students must qualify for college approval first, and the request will then be reviewed by the Registrar's office. We cannot guarantee requests will be approved.

Application for Readmission

  1. Email your academic advisor and request the Readmit Application.
  2. Complete the Readmit Application prior to the application deadline(s):
    1. Fall Semester deadline: August 1
    2. Spring Semester deadline: December 1
    3. Maymester, Summer Session 1, Combined Summer: May 1
    4. Summer Session 2: July 1
    5. NOTE: International students are encouraged to apply at least 60 days prior to the deadlines provided above, to allow enough time for processing any visa paperwork within home country.
  3. Resolve any holds that you have on your account

Change of Major (VPA to VPA)

  1. Speak to your academic advisor about the implications of changing your major.
  2. Speak to the Program Coordinator or School/Department Chair for the new program.
  3. Paperwork will follow conversations with your advisor and the program coordinator.

Grading Option - Pass/Fail

  1. Log into MySlice > eForms
  2. Find the P/F grading option and start your submission. No pdf or paper forms will be processed.
  3. Once the eForm is submitted, your advisor will review and approve, or get back to you if they have any questions.

Leave of Absence/University Withdraw

To initiate a request for a leave of absence or withdrawal from the university, contact your academic advisor directly or by emailing

Petition to Faculty

  1. Speak to your academic advisor about how your petition needs to be completed (there are many ways to complete this form).
  2. Print or digitally fill out one copy of the form and send it to your academic advisor for review.

A Petition to Faculty form is used to request the following:

  • Course Substitution
  • Level Exception; Graduate level course taken as undergrad
  • Credit Overload

Open Petition to Faculty Form Here

Internship Proposal/Agreement

  1. Print or digitally fill out one copy with your faculty sponsor.
  2. Gather all signatures (student, faculty sponsor, site supervisor)
  3. Sign and submit form to your academic advisor. We will take care of getting the School/Department Chair and sending for processing.

Open Internship Proposal/Agreement Form Here

Proposal for Independent Study/Experience Credit

  1. Print or digitally fill out one copy and complete with your faculty sponsor. Make sure your faculty sponsor signs!
  2. Send to your academic advisor for review.

Note: faculty are not compensated for independent study/experience credit or internships. Their approval is dependent on space in their own schedule. Please be understanding and flexible. We recommend having back up faculty sponsors.

Open Proposal for Independent Study/Experience Credit Form Here