Concepts and methods of systems analysis through decomposition and modeling. Extensive practice with structured methodologies. Systems analysis and project management techniques. Introduction to automated tools and technologies. Group project to apply skills.
Professor of Record
After taking this course, students will be able to
- Define various systems analysis and design concepts and terminologies,
- Articulate the system development life cycle model and various stages,
- Compare different methodologies and state-of-the-art development in SA&D techniques and methods,
- Apply, synthesize, and evaluate different conceptual modeling techniques for systems analysis (ER, DFD and UML),
- Describe various logic modeling techniques (decision tree/table, structure English),
- Illustrate various managerial issues involved in SA&D,
- Comprehend the importance of collaboration and communication during SA&D.
IST 654 Fall 2021 Syllabus - Ping Zhang
Other iSchool Courses