PLEASE NOTE: The instructions for posting class recordings for the College of Law will be changing for the Spring 2021 semester, as the College of Law's Zoom account is being integrated into the larger University account. The information on this page will be updated to reflect the change once it is in place. Additional information regarding this change can be found at Law - Zoom Account Migration.
At the end of a class recorded in Zoom, the recording will process on the server, and then generate a link to share with viewers via Blackboard, following the steps below.
Retrieving the link from your notification email
- Once the recording has finished processing on the server, you will receive an email stating "Cloud Recording - MEETING NAME is now available"
- Note that a password may also be included, if your recordings are set to be password protected
- The password will also be needed, but should not be copied at this time
- Copy the URL (and not the password)
- Jump to Post the Link in Blackboard
Retrieving the link from the Zoom portal
- Log in to Zoom using your web browser
- For the Fall 2020 semester, there are two parallel versions of Zoom in use at the College of Law
- Click the Recordings tab in the left-hand menu
- Click the topic (meeting title) of the recording you wish to share
- Click the "Copy Shareable Link" button:
Make note of password, if used
- The password is included in the notification email
- It can also be retrieved from the web portal
- Follow instructions for retrieving the link, above
- Click the "Share" button
- Click "show" under the password protection section
Post the link in Blackboard
Please see this article for detailed information on setting up your Blackboard course
- Click the "Recording Links" button in the left-hand menu
- Click "Build Content" and choose "Web Link"
- Insert name as "[DATE] Recording"
- If a password is used, insert the name as "[DATE] Recording, Password [RECORDING PASSWORD]"
- In the URL box, paste the recording URL
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Submit