This tutorial will step you through how to create a Google Form to create a sign-up sheet for office hours. In these steps, you will learn how to use Google Forms and create a form that can be shared in all of your classes in Blackboard but needs to be reset weekly. At the end of the tutorial are Form Templates you can duplicate for you to build off of.
Add the steps involved:
- Log into your Google Suites account using your @g.syr.edu account
- Go to https://forms.google.com
- Create a new Blank form.
- In the new Form create your layout for your office hours.
- For the office hours question, make sure it is a dropdown question populated with your different sign-up times.
- Once you have all of your options created. (You can do as many groupings as you want). Select the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner and choose Add-Ons.
- In the Google Forms add-on menu, search Choice Eliminator 2. Select the Add when the app icon comes up then select Add. It will ask for your permission to add it to your account, select Approve.
- Once it is added to your account, you can select the Add-On button in the upper right-hand corner and choose Choice Eliminator 2.
- The Choice Eliminator 2 window will appear, select Configure.
- In the lower right-hand corner, select the options you want to add the Choice Eliminator to and select the box for Eliminate Choices.
- Once that is done, it will convert the options into removable options.
- Select the Choice Options from the green circle with the gear icon and you can allow for multiple people to choose a time if you want.
- To reset the questions weekly, you will come to this menu and select the green circle with the three horizontal lines. Choose the blue circle with the box and arrow.
- This is a manual button that you will have to reset weekly.
- To see how to set up for the whole semester, see the template at the bottom of this page.
- When you have the Form set to share, go to the Gear icon in the upper right-hand corner. Deselect the Restrict to users in Syracuse University and its trusted organizations, then Save.
- In the Send button, select the <> icon, then select Copy to select the embed code.
- Open Blackboard and go to the class you want to have this appear in. (You can share this with multiple classes.) Go to a Content area and select Build Content → Item.
- Name your Item, then select the <> button in the text editor.
- Paste the Embed code from Blackboard into the Source Code screen and Save. Then select Submit in the item.
- Here is what it should look like in Blackboard.
- This is set up to be used as a weekly sign-up, you will have to reset it weekly per step 13.
- Here is an example starting file you can Make a Copy and manipulate for weekly meetings.
- For the whole semester file, look at this: Semester Template.
****Make sure you make a copy for yourself before you start editing.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com.
Related articles appear here based on the labels you select. Click to edit the macro and add or change labels.