It's possible to sync your Handshake Calendar with your SU Calendar (the one associated with your '@syr.edu' email address). It's a really quick and simple process that takes only a few clicks.
Log In to Handshake
- You should be prompted with the Syracuse University Single-sign-on prompting. If your browser doesn't auto-fill it, type your SU NetID and password, and click "Log In"
Set up your Calendar
- In Handshake, click on your name in the upper right, then click User Settings
- In User Settings click on Calendar Sync in the left navigation menu.
- In the middle of the page are a few clickable items. Click on Authorize Calendar Sync which you should see below 'External Calendar Sync'
- You should be shown a list of possible calendar providers. You'll want to choose Office 365 as shown below:
- In the next dialog, check the box that says I agree to the Cronofy Terms of Service and Privacy, and click the green button that says Link Office 365 Account
The page will refresh and show you a Microsoft MFA (Multifactor Authentication) dialog asking you to Pick an account. If you're presented with a dialog already showing your SU account, click it. (If you don't see this, don't worry, it just means you haven't used this browser with Microsoft Multifactor Authentication before. In that case, type your SU Email addres and click Next)
- A dialog will pop up asking you to confirm the permissions being requested by Handshake and its calendar/sync tool, Cronofy. Click on Accept and, after a few moments, you should be returned to the Handshake Calendar Sync page.
- In the Choose a Calendar drop down list, make sure your calendar is selected.