Information on how to change the font size when printing discussion threads in Blackboard, as well as other issues related to printing discussion threads in Blackboard.
The font size used to print discussion threads in Blackboard is determined by the browser you use.
How To Print Discussion Boards
- Enter the discussion forum, and select the threads.
- Click Collect.
- Click Print Preview
- A new window will open with the option to print. Select OK.
As a first step, reset the selected printer in your Firefox preferences:
- Type about:config in the Location Bar and press Enter. A list of preferences will appear.
- Find the preference print.print_printer (Note: this preference is missing in Firefox profiles where you've never used the printer.)
- Right-click (context-click) that preference and select "Reset".
- Restart Firefox and see if the problem is resolved.
If you get the warning dialog, "Printing failed when starting the document" and if the print.print_printer preference has no printer shown, either you don't have a printer selected, or Firefox doesn't know it is installed on your system.
Go to the View menu and choose Text size. You can choose from largest to smallest.
- If using version 3.x, go to the View menu and choose make text bigger
- If using version 4.x, go to the View Menu and choose zoom in.
Sources and Relevant Links