Smart Views allow you to organize your Grade Center in a wide variety of ways. For example, here's an easy way to view only those students assigned to a given section.
Create Smart View for Course Sections
You can create a Smart View of the Grade Center for each section that contains only the students in that section.
- Under Course Management go to Control Panel > Grade Center > Full Grade Center.
- In the Grade Center pane select Manage > Smart Views.
- In the Smart View pane select Create Smart View.
- Name the Smart View for the section you will be selecting. (Description is optional).
- If you check the favorite box then a link to this subset in the grade center will appear in the control panel under the Grade Center link for quick access.
- Select User for Type of View.
- Select Users by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking each student in the section.
- Click Submit to create the Smart View
- Once you've created Smart Views for each section, your TAs can filter their view of the Grade Center by selecting the appropriate Smart View from the Filter feature which will allow you to change the users current view to the smart view of choice (desired section).
Sources and Relevant Links
Video- Creating Smart Views