All instructors using Turning Point must create and account and link it to the Blackboard system. This is done through the process outlined below. You only need to go through the process once (regardless of how many courses you're using Turning Point in). In most cases, you will not need to return to the Turning Technologies website once you've created an instructor account.
Creating an Instructor Turning Account
- Go to http://blackboard.syracuse.edu, login and enter any current course.
- Click on Tools in your course menu
- Browse to Turning Account Registration
- Following this link will open your account profile on the TurningTechnologies website.
If you are using this for the first time, you will first be asked to accept the user agreement. Your email, name, and role will be automatically entered from Blackboard—you cannot change them. Check the box and click Finish.
- Once your account has been created, you will enter the instructor portal on the TurningPoint website. You can leave this site—there's nothing further you need to do after you've created your account. You will manage your courses directly in the TurningPoint software. Instructions for downloading your roster from Blackboard are available here. You only need to go through the above process once and do not need to visit this page again.