The School of Information Studies Technology Services group offers software product consultation to include: license agreements, approval facilitation, purchasing services, installation and maintenance.
- All software purchases, this includes cloud-based services and subscriptions must begin with a request, please submit a support ticket through My.iSchool or email Orange Tracker (email@example.com)
- All software, software services or subscription agreements requiring a signature must be referred to the CIO's office for approval and signature.
All software, software services or subscriptions purchased with university funds must:
- Be reviewed for compatibility with our operating environments as well as any possible duplication of services
- Be reviewed for accessibility requirements as applicable per university policy (Information and Communication Technology Accessibility Policy )
- Be reviewed for data security as applicable per university policy (SU Information Technology Security Standards and Procedures )
- Be inventoried
- Be installed on University-owned computers
iSchool's Technology Services will:
- Only install software, software services or subscriptions for which there is a valid license, and only on University-owned computers.
- Maintain records of all purchased software license agreements.
Software not already funded at the University level is funded by school, department or program funds. As a result any requests for additional software, software services or subscriptions will require a defined funding source.