A Team Drive can be created within Google Drive to have a central location to collaborate and share documents. All users can create a Team Drive from their own g.syr.edu account and share it with whomever they wish. All of your Team Drives you are a member of will appear under your Team Drives.
Creating a Team Drive
- Log into Google using your g.syr.edu account
- Navigate to Google Drive
- From the left navigation bar, select Team Drives
- Select New in the top of the left navigation bar
- Name it however you would like, then select Create
Inviting Users To Team Drive
- Within the Team Drive, select + Add members (Below the top search bar, under the Team Drive name)
- The Team Drive creator and all users with the Full Access permission are able to add users. If a user does not have this permission, then they will be unable to manage users.
- Enter the email address for all the users you want to allow to use the Team Drive where it says, "Add names or email addresses"
- Below the email address(es), select the Team Drive permission type
- Full Access (Default): Can manage members and upload/edit/delete all files
- Edit Access: Can edit all files and upload new ones
- Comment Access: Can comment on all files
- View Access: Can view all files
- If desired, can send a message or notification to the user notifying them of being added to the Team Drive, or can skip notification all together by selecting the Skip sending notification option
- The Team Drive will now automatically appear under the user's Team Drives section