Description of Assignment settings available to instructors in Blackboard.
- Attach a file
- Due Date
- All assignments can be submitted after the due date, they will just be marked as late and the instructor can decide how to proceed with grading
- Grading – Assign points possible
- You must assign a point value to the assignment
- You can change the grading format to alphanumeric or a variety of other formats by editing the properties of the assignment in the Grade Center after the assignment has been fully created
- If you want an assignment to be simply participatory, you will need to still initially assign a numerical grade and then adjust the grade settings in the grade center.
- Optionally, you can associate a Rubric to use when grading the assignment.
- Submission Details
- You can make the assignment individual (all students submit individually), or a group assignment.
- Specify the Number of Attempts you'd like to give students to submit.
- Grading Options
- Anonymous Grading - Student names are hidden during the grading process.
- Delegated Grading - Delegate grading responsibilities to one or more additional grader.
- Display of Grades
- Specify how you would like grades displayed.
- Assignments are available by default
- Number of attempts: Single, unlimited, set number
- Default is single attempt
- Limit availability dates: Display After and Display Until
- If a Display Until date is entered in, on this date, the link to the item will be removed, disabling students from access the assignment
- After the Display Until date, the instructor can change this date to allow late assignments
- Track number of views
Sources and Relevant Links
Allowing Multiple Assignment Attempts