The Discussion Board is a collection of Forums with discussion Threads. Forums are used to organize discussions by weeks or topics.
Recommended Use for Instructors
- Instructors create the Forums based on week or topic
- Students individually respond to each Forum with a Thread
- If a student wants to reply to another student's Thread, they can use the Comment feature
Create a Forum
- Begin by clicking the Discussion button on the Course Menu
- Click Create Forum
- Title your forum and add a description.
- Set Availability
- Select Forum Settings
- Click Submit to save.
Create a Thread
- Enter the discussion forum you want.
- Click Create Thread.
- Enter the Subject, Message and attachments, if any.
- Mashups can be used to insert content, as well:
- Click Submit when finished.
If you allow Anonymous Posts – students will have to take an extra step to make each individual post anonymous. On the post page, there is a check box at the bottom they must click.
Sources and Relevant Links
Video- Creating a Discussion Board Forum
Video- Creating a Discussion Board Thread