Google Meet at Syracuse University
What is Google Meet
Google Meet is a video conferencing app.
What to Know About Google Meet at Syracuse University
Creating a Meeting on Google Meet
- Navigate to meet.google.com using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and select sign in in the upper right hand corner.
- When you sign into Google, use your NetID@g.syr.edu
- This will then prompt you to log in again with your NetID credentials on the Syracuse University log in page.
- Once you are logged in you will see that you are now able to Start A New Meeting.
- Depending on your type of browser, this next step may look slightly different. Your browser may prompt you to allow access to your microphone and your camera (if the computer you are using has one).
- If you were successful, your microphone with be live. Additionally, if you have a camera turned on, you will see video. You are now ready to start the meeting by clicking the Start Meeting button.
On screen, you will be provided with a VoIP call-in number and passcode, as well as a link for this meeting. Those are the piece of information you can give to the client so that they may join your session.
|These numbers, codes, and web addresses are one time use only. They will be populated with new contact information each time you create a meeting. |
Google Meet Support Documentation
Troubleshoot issues with Hangouts Meet
Known issues with Hangouts Meet
For support on the information above, contact the ITS Help Desk by calling at 315.443.2677, by emailing email@example.com, or by stopping into 1-227 CST.